Our Online classes will be delivered via ZOOM. There are a couple of options available to you to view classes as follows:
1. Internet Browser: View the Class link on your normal internet browser on a laptop or computer.
2. ZOOM app: You can download the free ZOOM app on both Apple and Android devices (mobile phones and tablets)
The Zoom class links will be emailed to you and are also available through your Customer Portal (please email us if you need another activation email sent)
It is suggested from us where possible, to connect your device to your television to make it easier for students to see us to follow along with class. Laptops can be connected via HDMI cables (as well as tablets and mobiles if you have an adaptor cord). Mobile devices can often also be connected to your tv via Apple TVs or Chromecast systems and screen mirroring. Well worth investigating if possible in your space.
When ready to connect to classes, to ensure best possible experience and to make the most of your internet connection:
1. Ensure that your device is not running any other programs or apps while participating in class.
2. Try and set up as close to your modem as possible.
3. If experiencing connection issues, try setting up in a different area of your home to see if that helps.
HOW TO JOIN A CLASS:
1) Sign into the Zoom Application.
2) Click your class Zoom link and the application will launch.
3) You will be prompted to enter the meeting password.
4) You will then be in the ‘waiting room’, you will see a Welcome message. You stay here until your teacher admits you into the class.
5) Once your teacher has admitted you into the room, you will be able to see your teacher and begin class.
ONLINE CLASS ETIQUETTE:
· Make sure your teacher can see you by enabling your video. To do this, click on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen and select your device camera.
· Make your teacher’s video front and center by ‘Right clicking’ your teacher’s video and select ‘Pin Video’.
· Make sure your teacher knows who you are! To rename yourself, click participants and then hover over your device name and click ‘more’ then ‘rename’.
· Be polite and keep your microphone on mute by clicking the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen until the teacher opens up for questions or conversation. Your microphone icon will have a red line through it when you are muted.